One of the regions best kept secrets. The Tumut and Tumbarumba regions offers some of the best and most adventurous Mountain bike trails in regional Australia. The trails cater for the novice mountain bike enthusiast through to those with the skills to take on some of Australia’s wild mountain bike trails.
RIDING TRAILS IN THE TUMUT STATE FOREST
Mundowie Loop (red) – 3.3 km in length - MTB Intermediate
Womboyne Trail (blue) – 2.3 km in length - MTB Intermediate
GC Mile (purple) – 1.6 km in length, MTB advanced.
MTB Loop (green) – 1.2 km in length, MTB advanced.
These trails are only for use by cyclists and walkers. Please do not ride motorbikes or horses on the trails as these activities may cause significant damage to the trails.
Please be aware that:
- Make sure you are riding with someone and those at home know your location as weather can change quickly.
- Don’t forget repair kits and refreshments as it can be along walk back.
- This is a natural area with numerous hazards, please take care.
- The track surface and obstacles may change over time and make riding more difficult.
- Other people use the forest such as horse riders, walkers, 4WD vehicles and trail bikes.
There are many other trails suitable for Mountain Bike riding and are open unless marked.
THE TUMUT MTB PARK
Has four trails to discover ranging from intermediate to advanced. Located close to town these trails offer a wide variety of terrain for all levels. Each trail starts from the dirt road intersection close to the parking area off Sydney St. Visit https://www.trailforks.com/region/tumut-mtb-park-14058/
For bike hire, mountain bike safari's and any biking information, ring Michelle at Ground Up Tumut - 02 6947 4909.